Download Viscosity from
- Open the Viscosity.dmg file (usually located in your Downloads folder) by double-clicking it.
- Drag Viscosity to your Applications folder.
- Eject the Viscosity disk image.
Running Viscosity For The First Time
- Launch Viscosity from your Applications folder.
- Enter your username and password so Viscosity can configure itself and install any necessary components.
Importing Your Connection/s
Download ZIP-file with OpenVPN keys and configuration file from the member page.
- Go to the Viscosity menu and select "Preferences…".The preferences window should appear.
- Make sure the "Connections" toolbar item is selected, and then click the "+" button in the bottom left hand corner of the window. Select "Import Connection" from the menu that appears.
- Select the connection bundle (.visc) or OpenVPN configuration file (.ovpn or .conf) contained in the download. Click the Open button.
- Click the OK button to confirm the connection has been imported. Your connection will now appear in the Viscosity menu.
- Repeat the above steps to import any more connections.
Connecting Your VPN Connection/s
- Go to the Viscosity menu and select your connection.
- The menu icon will update to let you know when your new connection has connected.
- To disconnect your connection when done, go to the Viscosity menu and select your connection again.